The Second Space at the LSPU Hall is a newly renovated multi-occasion room that allows for flexible seating configurations and risers. It has its own limited sound and lighting systems and is suitable for intimate theatrical presentations as well as workshops, conferences, play readings, recitals, meetings and catered events.
- Seating : 50-60 seats (Theatre Style without tables. Other configurations seat less)
- Standing : 80
- $300 per session of 6 hours or less
- $400 per session of more than 6 hours
- $200 per day with rental of the Main Stage Theatre
Not for Profit, Artists/Performers:
- $100 per session of 6 hours or less
- $200 per session of 6 hours or more
- $100 per day with rental of the Main Stage Theatre
Second Space Box Office:
- Advance tickets can be set up and sold through the LSPU Hall box office
- LSPU Box Office is open Mon - Fri, 12 noon to 5pm, and 2 hours before show time
- Online Internet ticketing also available
- Non-advance tickets can be sold by the Renter at the door –cash only
Rates for the Second Space include:
- Use of table linens
- Use of rectangular folding tables (7 available, different lengths)
- Access to wet bar area (coffee maker, kettle, sink, dishwasher, bar fridge)
- Use of limited lighting and sound equipment
- Access to dressing rooms, including private washroom, shower, lockers (upon availability)
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Use of one wall mounted frame to display merchandise, posters, etc. (upon availability)
- Wi-Fi connection
Rental of the Second Space includes the use of this equipment however this inventory is subject to change at the discretion of RCA and the LSPU Hall. All details including this inventory are subject to revision and should be confirmed with RCA staff in advance of your production load-in.
- 1 Portable CD Player
- 4 Microphones with stands: 2 Voice SM58 and 2 Instrument SM57
- 1 PA System: YAMAHA Stage Pass 300
- 2 Speakers
- 1 Sound Board: 6 channels
- 1 dimmer pack: LEPRECON 6 x 1kw
- 1 Lighting Board: LEPRECON 12 channels
- 6 Lights: PARS 38
- 1 Projector: Sharp Data , PG-F325W
- 6 Risers: 4x4 with 1ft or 2 ft legs available
- 1 Podium and 7 music stands
Operation of technical equipment:
- Renter is responsible for operation of all light and sound for the Second Space
- RCA staff will show Renter where equipment is housed and how to use equipment
- No tape on walls or windows
- No glitter, sand, confetti or rice
- No open flame
- The LSPU Hall’s Second Space is an intimate space suitable for workshops, AGMs, book launches, receptions, play readings, recitals and more!
- The stage is at floor level, with an option of using 1ft or 2ft risers
There are two ways for ARTISTS & PERFORMERS to take advantage of our Second Space:
1. RCA presents the performer (Second Space Series):
- You come in with a show in hand all ready to go
- You submit a proposal to the General Manager (something informal, just one page)
- We pay you a small honorarium
- We collect and keep the box office money (cash at the door)
- We help you publicize your event (via our website and e-newsletter)
- You have access to the dressing rooms
- This doesn’t have to be a theatre production – use your imagination! Music, dance, drums, anything.
- Sunday afternoon events only – 12 Sundays a year available.
Second Space Serioes at the LSPU Hall provides artists with alternative, accessible, affordable performing space. Young, emerging artists present work in a new 50-seat capacity space supported by professional staff at RCA, including a publicist, and box office staff person. Artists taking advantage of this space are able to develop new presentation skills.
2. Rent the Second Space:
- Open to anyone – according to availability
- You pay a rental fee per 6 hour time slot
- You keep all box office money, and choose what price to charge (cash at the door)
- You provide your own light, sound, box office person
- There is limited technical equipment (we will show you how to use equipment)
- Second Space can be used for rehearsals, workshops, small film screenings, etc...
- Also have access to the dressing rooms
For all production and event inquiries please contact Peter Rompkey, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Hall at 709-753-4531 ext. 207.